Broiled Pink Grapefruit
by lisa | 2 February 2013 13:57
I love grapefruit, but somehow I always forget about it and don’t buy it often enough. Generally, I just peel it and eat it like an orange. Today I decided to try something different. It turned out delicious so I thought I’d share it with you.
- grapefruit (1/2 per person)
- maple syrup (1 teaspoon per half)
- powdered ginger
What to do
- Cut your grapefruit in half.
Cut in half
- Section your grapefruit with a sharp knife. Do this by cutting around the grapefruit between the peel and the flesh and also cut between each individual section. This just makes it easier to eat the grapefruit after it’s cooked.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of maple syrup over each half. You could also use honey. If you are doing a Whole30, you could just skip this part.
- Sprinkle with a dusting of cinnamon and ginger.
Ready for the oven
- Place on a baking sheet in a pre-heated 200 C oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, move your oven rack up to the top notch and turn your oven to broil. Broil for 5 minutes or until the grapefruits starts to brown.
Brown and bubbly
- Serve hot out of the oven and enjoy!
Source URL: https://swisspaleo.ch/broiled-pink-grapefruit/
Copyright ©2021 Swiss Paleo unless otherwise noted.