Toasted Coconut Chicken Fingers
by lisa | 4 January 2013 18:53
These tender and delicious little chicken fingers are quick and easy to make. We made these last summer as an ‘introduction to chicken’ for my daughter who has been a life-long vegetarian. She ate them up and then requested that we make them again while she’s home for the holidays. If you’re looking for a new way to make chicken, give this a try. You won’t be disappointed.
- 4 chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 tbsp Coconut flour
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups small coconut flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
What to do
- Place flour and flakes onto two separate plates.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper to the flour and stir to combine.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and beat well.
- First, dredge chicken in flour making sure to shake off any excess.
- Next, dip each piece in egg and finally in the coconut flakes.
- When done place each piece on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and allow to dry for about 5 minutes. Make sure the pieces are not touching so that they can brown on all sides.
Ready for the oven
- Bake at 220 C/ 425 F for 20 minutes or until cooked and the coconut is toasted.
We served our chicken fingers with a side of mango salsa (salsa recipe from Nomnompaleo’s iPad app).
Source URL: https://swisspaleo.ch/toasted-coconut-chicken-fingers/
Copyright ©2023 Swiss Paleo unless otherwise noted.