by lisa | 31 December 2012 11:38
This soup is incredibly easy to throw together any night of the week. It’s also elegant enough to serve for a special occasion. We actually served this as our Christmas Eve dinner this year. You can alter the recipe to add your own personal favorites when it comes to seafood/fish.
- 1 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper chili flakes
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 14oz cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup of white wine (or use water/bone broth if doing a Whole 30)
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 200 grams of shrimp
- 200 grams of scallops
- 200 grams of cod or other white fish
- 300 grams of small mussels or 12 large ones
- splash of olive oil
- salt to taste
What to do
- Saute your onions, garlic and red bell pepper in a splash of olive oil until onions become translucent.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Add in canned tomatoes and all of your spices and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in your tomato paste.
- Add shrimp, scallops and cod and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the mussels and cook for another 5 minutes or until your mussels open up.
The finished product!
Source URL: https://swisspaleo.ch/seafood-soup/
Copyright ©2018 Swiss Paleo unless otherwise noted.