Quick and Easy Breakfast and a WOD
by lisa | 12 January 2013 16:28
I got back from my workout this morning and was absolutely starving! I threw this breakfast together in a matter of minutes and it was super delicious. It’s one of my favorite quick go-to meals.
- 100 grams (about 2 handfuls) chopped cabbage
- 100 grams fresh spinach (about 2 handfuls)
- 1 leek, chopped (or you could use half an onion)
- 4 slices thinly sliced bacon
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
What I did
- Chop up the bacon and brown it in a frying pan.
- Once your bacon starts to brown, throw in the leeks and cook for about a minute.
- Now throw on the cabbage and spinach.
- Stir while cooking until your spinach is wilted.
Almost ready for the eggs
- Move stuff around in your pan to make two holes to crack your eggs into.
- Crack your eggs into the holes you made.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and steam until your eggs are set.
I ate it ALL
And just was that workout that left me starving? I work out at Fit2Day with my lovely friend Julie. She knows her stuff and makes us work hard. Our Saturday class is always a lot of fun. Today we did:
- 3 rounds of maximum number of pull-ups and maximum number of dips
- 10 minutes of wall balls and burpees–start with 3 reps, then 6, then 9, etc…for the the whole 10 minutes
- 10 minutes of kettlebell swings and jump squats—3 reps, 6 reps, 9 reps etc…for the whole 10 minutes
The sun is actually shinning today so I’m also going to head out to do some Zombies, Run!
training. I hate running, but this makes it a little bit more fun. However, I’m pretty sure the zombies would have no trouble catching me and eating me. I wonder if I taste like bacon?
Source URL: https://swisspaleo.ch/quick-and-easy-breakfast-and-a-wod/
Copyright ©2022 Swiss Paleo unless otherwise noted.