Paleo Chicken Marbella
by lisa | 12 February 2015 12:28
This is a remake of Chicken Marbella originally from the Silver Palate cookbook and featured in Epicurious. The original recipe calls for a whole cup of brown sugar and uses prunes. It’s not that hard to take classic recipes and remake them to fit the way I eat. This requires a little planning ahead of time because the chicken needs to marinate for several hours (or all day) in the fridge before cooking.
- 4 chicken legs with the thighs
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 10 green olives, pitted
- 3 Tablespoons capers
- 2 Tablespoons of the juice the capers came in
- 4 dates, pitted and halved
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Place the chicken and everything except the white wine and honey in a large bowl or zip lock bag.
- Mix it all around until the chicken is well coated and then place in the fridge to marinate for several hours or all day.
- Put the marinated chicken and all of the marinade in a casserole dish or spread it out on a baking tray.
- Whisk the white wine and honey together and pour over the chicken.
- Place in a 180 C (375F) oven and bake for 50 minutes.
Source URL: https://swisspaleo.ch/paleo-chicken-marbella/
Copyright ©2021 Swiss Paleo unless otherwise noted.