by lisa | 9 December 2014 09:15
Mr. Swiss Paleo’s favorite cookie is the good old Gingerbread Man. These were the only Christmas cookies that I made this year and they disappeared in the blink of an eye. Poor Santa didn’t get any. They turned out crispy and chewy at the same time and the gingerbread flavor was just right.
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 3 Tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup coconut crystal sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- Preheat your oven to 325 F (165 C).
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the wet ingredients (egg, vanilla and molasses).
- Knead into a dough ball with your hands.
- Place the dough ball between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll out to 1/4" thickness with a rolling pin.
- Remove the top layer of parchment and use a cookie cutter to make your shapes.
- Place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
Source URL: https://swisspaleo.ch/gingerbread-men/
Copyright ©2023 Swiss Paleo unless otherwise noted.