Double the Beef Paleo Chili
by lisa | 25 September 2014 09:51
This is actually fairly similar to my old chili recipe, but I tweaked it as I went along and used different spices. This new version turned out great, so I thought I’d share it as well.
I cooked this in a crock pot (slow cooker), but it could easily be done in a pot on your stove top. Don’t forget to add toppings to your chili because that’s where all the fun is! You could add avocado, chopped red onions or spring onions, hot chili peppers, cheese or sour cream if you do dairy or cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
Paleo Double the Beef Chili
Double the Beef Paleo Chocolate Chili
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 500 grams ground beef (about a pound)
- 500 grams stew beef chunks (about a pound)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (240 grams or 8oz)
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups (about 500ml) bone broth or water
- Throw the diced bell peppers and onions into the slow cooker.
- Add in all of the spices and liquids.
- Brown the ground beef and the stew meat and add that in as well. The hamburger will be mostly done and the stew meat will just be browned on the outside, but not cooked through.
- Stir everything together.
- I cooked this for 3 hours in my slow cooker, but you could cook it longer. The longer you cook it, the more tender the stew meat will get.
Source URL: https://swisspaleo.ch/double-the-beef-paleo-chili/
Copyright ©2020 Swiss Paleo unless otherwise noted.