Dark Chocolate Dipped Sweet Potato Chips
by lisa | 4 March 2013 15:38
It was just one of those days. I wanted to make a quick and easy treat and I wanted something with chocolate, but I really didn’t feel like actually making much of anything. Not only that, I didn’t have many ingredients on hand. It’s amazing what you can come up with when you’re a little desperate and craving chocolate…
Easy and delicious
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 80 grams of dark chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- sea salt
What to do
- Peel and slice your sweet potatoes. I decided to slice mine by hand because I thought my mandoline would get them a little to thin for what I was trying to make. I tried to get them about the same thickness as a coin.
Slice the potatoes
- Toss the sliced sweet potatoes with the melted coconut oil and spread them out on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with coarsly ground sea salt.
Ready for the oven
- Bake in a pre-heated 400 F (about 200 C) oven for 20-25 minutes. Flip them over half through baking. Watch carefully so that they don’t get too brown.
- While your potatoes are baking, melt your chocolate and cinnamon together over a double boiler (you could also use a microwave if you have one).
Chocolate and cinnamon
- Your potatoes are ready for dipping after they are done to the brownness/crispness that you like and cool enough to touch.
- Lay your dipped chips on a sheet of parchment paper until the chocolate sets. I actually set mine outside in the cool air and the chocolate set/chilled after about 10 minutes.
Now let the chocolate set and harden
These were, of course, a wonderful treat. It satisfied my chocolate craving and I know I got some goodness from the sweet potato. I will definitely make these again. The orange and brown would make these a perfect Halloween treat so I’m going to file this away in my brain (where it will probably get lost).
Source URL: https://swisspaleo.ch/dark-chocolate-dipped-sweet-potato-chips/
Copyright ©2023 Swiss Paleo unless otherwise noted.