by julie | 22 August 2012 15:08
Here is a super simple and quick recipe I came up with. A nice treat for the kids (and myself) ….
1. For the coconut cream, I simply put the package of shredded coconut in my food processor, turn it on and walk away. It needs to blend approx 15 mins. I stop it every few minutes to scrape the coconut off the sides. After about 10 mins, you will see the coconut is turning liquidy, keep it going another few minutes until it becomes nice and smooth . I then pour the coconut cream in a jar . I usually have a jar made in the cupboard. The kids like to spread it on their paleo bread
http://www.elanaspantry.com/paleo-bread/. Or try dipping strawberries in the cream…goood stuff!!
2. Melt your chocolate in a bain marie (double boiler) or the microwave
3. Place your paper cups on a plate, put a spoonful of coconut cream in the bottom of each cup. Follow with a spoonful of the melted chocolate.
4. You can top each cup with more shredded coconut or any type of nut (optional)
5. Place the plate in the freezer for 15 minutes
6. Store in a container to keep in the Fridge
7. Try not to eat them all at once!!!
So easy you say?? Yes it is…and if you love coconut and chocolate like I do…every bite is like a little piece of heaven
yields approx. 12 cups
Source URL: https://swisspaleo.ch/coconut-chocolate-cups/
Copyright ©2023 Swiss Paleo unless otherwise noted.