I’ve been brewing my own kombucha (recipe here) for well over a year now and I drink it pretty much every day. The other thing I’ve been trying to add to my diet every day is gelatin. Sometimes, I have enough bone broth on hand that I drink a cup and get my gelatin that way. If not, I add some to hot water and drink that. It gets the job done, but it’s not very enjoyable. Since It’s not very nice to drink, I sort of forget half the time. This is the gelatin I use. It comes from 100% grass fed cows. You can order from iherb.com because they deliver to just about anyplace for really great shipping prices.
Everything you need
Enter the idea of jello. I love jello and it feels like eating dessert (and I love dessert). I could mix the gelatin with my kombucha and make it into jello. I will have no problem remembering to eat my gelatin if it comes in jello form 🙂
Healthy and delicious
You could make so many different flavors…the possibilities are endless. I used plain kombucha, but fruit flavored would work. I also brew my own, but you could use your favorite brand. I added fresh blueberries into half of my jello. I didn’t add any sweetener, but you could add honey.
Kombucha jello with blueberries
- 2 cups of kombucha (500 ml)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 teaspoons of gelatin
- Optional: chopped or diced fruit of choice
- Optional: a teaspoon or two of honey
- Pour the water into a sauce pan and stir in the gelatin.
- Heat and stir continuously until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Add honey if you want and remove from heat.
- Let it cool just a bit and then stir in the kombucha.
- Pour into individual serving dishes (or one big size bowl if you want to eat it all. By yourself ;-) )
- If you are adding in fruit, just put it in the serving dish before pouring the kombucha gelatin mixture over it.
- Cool in the fridge until set.
Print this post...