We’ve been making chicken this way for years, even before we were eating paleo. In the summer, we usually throw it on the BBQ, but the oven works just fine. It’s a quick and easy dinner that goes together in a matter of minutes. You can also change it to include whatever you want on the skewers with your chicken (eggplant, mushrooms, onions, sweet potato, red pepper, green pepper, zucchini etc…).
Quick and easy
- 4 chicken breasts
- One red onion
- One red bell pepper
- Two cloves of garlic minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/6 cup red wine vinegar (half as much as you have oil)
- Bunch of fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to do
- Cut chicken into cubes.
- Cut onion into pieces about the same size as the chicken. Do the same for the peppers (and any other vegetables you might decide to include).
- Roughly chop oregano and then place everything into a plastic zip lock bag or other container.
- Marinate in the fridge for four to eight hours.
- Put on Skewers alternating chicken, peppers and onions.
Foil lined baking sheet means easy clean up
- Broil or grill for about 5 minutes, rotate and then for another 5 or until cooked and and nicely browned.
Slide it off the skewer and enjoy
We bought some really cool skewers when we were in Istanbul last year. I love buying special dishes or serving utensils in other countries. Somehow it brings back memories of my trips into my everyday life. I’ll do just about anything to pretend like I’m on vacation
Print this post...