by lisa | 25 February 2013 12:00
I love avocados. I’ve always been a huge guacamole fan and I recently made a really delicious green chicken salad with avocado. I also just like to eat them plain, with a spoon, straight out of their skins. Well, why not make them into fries? I love sweet potato fries, so I was pretty sure I would also love avocado fries.
We served these up with Nom Nom Paleo’s sriracha sauce. I didn’t have the red jalapeno peppers that the recipe called for, so I subbed in 4 red Thai chilies and one whole red bell pepper instead, and it worked perfectly (I also halved the rest of the ingredients). The sauce is so dang good I’ve been eating it on everything.
- 1 firm avocado
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour, divided
- 3 Tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to do
- In bowl #1, mix together the arrowroot flour and 1 Tablespoon of coconut flour.
- In bowl #2, beat one egg.
- In bowl #3, mix 1 Tablespoon of coconut flour, 3 Tablespoons of almond flour and 1 teaspoon of salt.
Three step dipping
- Slice your avocado into wedges. I did this with the skin still on and then removed the skin after it was in wedges and ready to be dipped.
- Dip each slice of avocado in bowl #1, then bowl #2 and finally in bowl #3.
- Place each coated slice onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Ready for the oven
- Spray with oil (I use an oil mister) and sprinkle with a little bit of salt.
My oil mister filled with EVOO
- Bake for 20 minutes in a 200 C (400 F) oven.
Best hot out of the oven
Source URL: http://swisspaleo.ch/avocado-fries/
Copyright ©2017 Swiss Paleo unless otherwise noted.